Inside joke. At church one year my pastor’s littlest son said “Well since tomorrow is Christmas Eve, today is Christmas Adam.”
My Christmas starts tomorrow with my mom’s side of the family and our own home Christmas. It’ll be a crazy week so I guess I’ll say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for now. Next time I post I’ll be a teenager. ;) Hope your holidays are the best, everyone!
This is one of the sweetest Taylor Swift songs ever (After the one you shared, Bailey.)
I’m five years old
Its getting cold out, got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you
I run and run, past the pumpkin patch, and the tractor rides
Look now, the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home
I don’t know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you’re not scared of anything at all
Don’t know if Snow White’s house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today
I’m thirteen now
And don’t know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop ’til I’ve forgotten all their names
I don’t know who I’m gonna talk to now at school
But I know I’m laughing on the car ride home with you
Don’t know how long its gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today
I have an excellent father
His strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother
Inside and out he’s better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house
And I had space to run
And I had the best days with you
There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you’re talking to me
Its the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
And daddy’s smart and you’re the prettiest lady in the whole wide world
Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine
And I didn’t know if you knew so I’m taking this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today
(I’ve imported all my posts from my old blogs Faithful, Silent Heart, and Sunflower Sparkles onto here. I like this blog best.)
What is it about YA lit that seems to make adults cringe? It’s kind of irritating me. I read one review of TGG where the review’s author said “I read this book coming off of the “Twilight” trilogy and was very skeptical that I could possibly be impressed with yet another book written for teenagers…”
What the heck does that have to do with anything? That’s as silly as saying “I didn’t like this historical-fiction novel so I guess I’ll never like another one.” Ever seen the YA lit section at the bookstore? It’s really big, at least at my store. It’s not like “you’ve read one, you’ve read them all.” You’ve got everything from trash to amazing lit to Shannon Hale which far surpasses them all of course! It’s a good example of… I guess the word is restricted thinking.
I have the best friends in the world. Really, I do. I tend to forget it but I have so many amazing friends that I have in both real life and my internet world, and seriously I am way blessed.
Ugh, I hate shopping.
I never thought I would be able to honestly say that. But I can. My grandma took us to the mall to get our Christmas presents. She didn’t know what to get us so we went and each picked it out. I was EXHAUSTED when we got through. Nearly seven hours away from home shopping at the mall, and carrying around six really heavy bags of stuff. We were shopping for all the grandkids in the meantime. I got a really cute outfit from Aeropastale and some earrings but I was so so so tired. Mercy (the ultimate picky clothes shopper) only got a shirt for her outfit so grandma has to go shopping again next week.
Grandma came to pick us up and said she had to get her ears pierced again since they closed up, and did I want to get a second piercing done. I did, but Mom said she had to ask my dad first and he hadn’t turned his phone on. Hopefully soon. For the record that would be it (Though I love the hoop earring in the cartilige, I would never be able to do it) as far as ear piercing goes :D And I think all but one should be small if you have more than one earring per ear.
The most demented sight I’ve ever seen was a few nights ago. I walked into the bathroom and see my three (four?) year old sister in the bathtub rip off her Tinkerbell Barbie doll’s head, fill the hollow part with water, and start drinking out of poor Tink’s head. How barbaric.
It’s raining and very, very cold today. It’s supposed to get down in the low thirties this week. And rain this week.
Dare I hope for… snow? I hope so!
List 10 honest things about yourself.
Pass around some linky love, seven to be honest.
1) I have a bad habit of taking ramen up to my room to eat before bed, and finding the bowl with what remains of it under the piles of books on my bedside table four weeks later.
2) I try to like them, but besides Jane Austen and the Secret Garden,I find myself hating the classics more and more every day.
3) I have harbored a wish for at least eight children for the last… maybe two years. Like, I am totally open to having as many as fifteen kids. All homebirths :) Not all at once though!!!
4) I am terrified, terrified, terrified of the ocean. Not the beach or the ocean itself, but I have a pathological fear of being underwater in the ocean. It even gives me nightmares.
5) When I practice Spanish, if it’s a review lesson I tend to hit the “play audio” button and lie down on my bed and take a nap.
6) I have a horrible temper.
7) I am a total procrastinator. I still haven’t send out my thank-you notes from my birthday three years ago.
8) I am preparing myself for the taunting of many people… I enjoyed HSM2. I love Sharpay. So I hated the whole movie but laughed my way through it and loved hating it.
9) I am really, really shy. No one would ever notice but I dread meeting new people and in a room of people I don’t know I want to go and hide.
10) My guilty pleasure is Veggie Tales. I could watch it all day, even though it’s aimed at 3 year olds.